Blog Sale

Thursday 28 October 2010

Review - Lush goodies

HURRAH! The weekend is finally here!! Don't you just love Friday evenings? Two whole days of doing, well, whatever you please. Adryen is currently making me a nice cup of tea then we're gonna eat ridiculous amounts of chocolate whilst watching Sons Of Anarchy. Living on the edge, dont you know :)

Anywho, the preposterously generous people at Lush sent me some goodies to try so I wanted to let you know what I think. Gonna review a couple now and a couple at a later date cos I haven’t used some of the products enough to be 100% sure how I feel about them

First of all we have the Sweet Lips Lip Scrub (£4.50 for 25g) I was so impressed by this product that I called into Lush the following day and picked up the Bubblegum version

This comes in a little glass jar and the first thing I noticed when I opened it was the smell! As we’ve all come to expect from Lush it was strong, sweet and smelt completely edible. Which in this case it is :)
This is basically a vanilla and chocolate flavoured sugar scrub that you rub into your lips to help keep them all soft n smooth. What I love about this is that the effect is immediate unlike a lot of lip balms where you have to wear them for hours on end before you see any sort of result. With this scrub you slather it on, give it a good old rub and the job’s a good ‘un

I guess this is just different from all my lip products which is why I was so intrigued by the idea and I’ve found it works a treat on my poor chapped lips

Secondly we have Cinders (£1.95 for 90g) which is a cinnamon and almond ballistic. As a general rule I’m not a big fan of bath bombs… I just prefer a good old-fashioned bubble bath because I find bath bombs just turn the water a funny colour and don’t make my skin feel any better
I was happy to give this a try because the smell was totally superb! Honestly it was like Christmas in bath bomb form, which has gotta be a good thing. In fact my best friend could smell it from the hallway in my house – you have to walk through the living room, kitchen and back porch to get to the bathroom so as you can probably tell the aroma is far from subtle

What I didn’t like about this was the big orange stain it left around my bath :( I know it’s not a big deal but when I get out of a nice hot relaxing bath the last thing I wanna do is clean the tub

I’m fairly new to the Lush range and haven’t tried many products so I was wondering if there’s anything you’d recommend? My sister is completely obsessed with the stuff so she can’t really give me an unbiased opinion; as far as she’s concerned every single item is a must have! ♥

No comments: