Blog Sale

Thursday 3 March 2011

Best drugstore foundation I’ve found this year

I’ve suffered from pretty severe acne around my chin for a looong time but thanks to a combination of products prescribed by my doctor and a new skin care routine I don't have any spots for the first time in about 5 years. Seriously. Not one *cue happy dance*

This is completely new to me so as you can probably guess it’s been the perfect excuse to try using some of the lighter coverage foundations that I’ve picked up but not been confident enough to wear!

I came across the Myface range in Boots about a year ago and I've fallen in love with a lot of the products (I’ll do a review of some of their other awesome goodies sometime soon) The prices are pretty reasonable and I haven't been disappointed with any of the items I've bought; gotta be a good sign, eh?

One of my favourite purchases so far has been the foundation cos I was just blown away by the quality. The coverage is light to medium and it’s not particularly buildable so if you fancy a fuller coverage then I definitely don’t recommend this

However if you want something that gives a sort of soft focus, airbrushed, non-cakey look to the skin then this could be worth a try. The texture is quite light and runny so it's extremely easy to blend whether you use a foundation brush, sponge or your fingers!

What I really love about this foundation is the dewy radiance it gives. It’s not chalky or mask like and does a good job of evening out the skin tone for a flawless finish while still looking natural. I don’t particularly like extremely matte finishes as I think it drains the face and then you have to work extra hard with blushes, bronzers and highlighters to make the face look more youthful, fresh n natural so this foundation suits me perfectly

I know it’s only March but this is definitely the best new foundation I’ve stumbled across this year and I can see myself buying it again and again. I haven’t come across many other reviews for this foundation and I think the whole range is totally underrated so do let me know if you've been won over my the Myface brand too! ♥

P.S. This is the original post by Audrey that made me go out n buy this!

13 comments:

tiffyama said...

Seems like a good find. :] I don't think we have this brand in the states though...but that's ok. ^^

Jenni said...

thanks for the review! if i have the chance to visit UK again i'll check this out definitely!

Teagan said...

I really want to try this after all the good reviews I keep reading but cant find anywhere that sells it and ships internationally!

Anna Elizabeth said...

Congrats on your cleared up skin =)

I always hear about so many awesome products from Boots, I really need to make a trip abroad so I can hit one up!

embellishmentsbeauty.blogspot.com

Jo Woods said...

wow, that sounds brilliant. I havent seen this range in boots. I will have to have a look when I'm in town next. Thanks for sharing xxx

RealOrNotReal said...

Could I please ask what the lasting power is like? My skin is a little bit oily and I hate it when foundation slips off my face! ><

Stacey said...

Yaaay for clear skin!! Get the FOTDs on here, we want to see that pretty face! I haven't tried anything from this range, would like to try this though x

Steph1990 said...

Yay for Boots! They always have such great finds!
This foundation looks nice :) Thanks for the review
xx

joana said...

aww loved this. have a lovely weekend!!

Audrey♥ said...

so glad you picked it up on my recommendation :) glad you liked it, i love it too!! x

All Made Up said...

KawaiiFreakxXx I’d been using this over my Smashbox primer so it always lasts all day and still looks great. Decided to try it without the primer for a couple of days to let you know how it holds up and after about 6 hours I had to reapply it to my nose cos it was looking a bit shiny! The rest of my face still looked grand by the time I was removing my makeup

Thanks Audrey :) I bought this straight after you recommended it but haven’t had the chance to use it thanks to my skin being a nightmare till recently! ♥

Anonymous said...

These kind of courses are very important to the society that we live in if these kind of courses were start before the situation was much batter


Web Design

Carpenterqtla said...

aww loved this. have a lovely weekend!!