Blog Sale

Tuesday 6 September 2011

Liz Earle Sheer Skin Tint - At long last!

I'd say 99.9% of the people I speak to who have tried Liz Earle fall in love with the brand straight away and end up extolling the virtues of the products to anyone who'll listen (talking of which - if you haven't tried the Hot Cloth Cleanser you really must!) Anywho, the nice people at Liz Earle sent me a bottle to try as the new Sheer Skin Tint SPF15 is being launched this month

Fans of the brand know that they can rely on the products to keep their skin clean, well-balanced, moisturised and looking it's best with very little effort. I actually learned this from Sarah, my 16 year old sister, who is pretty much obsessed with the range and literally doesn't use anything else on her face. I got her the Ultimate Hamper for Christmas '09 and she was still using a lot of the products almost a year later… The goodies aren't ridiculously expensive or anything but she has to save her pocket money to buy the essentials every few months so that'll probably give you an idea just how much she doesn't wanna go without 'em :)

With that in mind I think I can safely say that this is one of the most anticipated products I've come across in a while; It's Liz Earles first foray into the world of makeup, albeit a very subtle one! This is a sheer skin tint with SPF15 and is a perfect blend of skin nourishing yummyness and a subtle sheer dewy tint that adds a nice glow to the skin
I think the best thing about this is how it helps even out my skin tone and gives a radiant finish to my face without actually feeling like makeup. It feels like I'm looking after my skin in the long term (thanks to the avocado oil, borage seed oil and vitamin E) as well as making it look a million times better in the short term. I know a lot of people have referred to this as a tinted moisturiser but I'd say it's more of a very sheer foundation, mostly because I wouldn't wear it without applying my moisturiser first

Being someone who normally wears pretty heavy coverage foundation I wasn't sure if this would work for me on a day-to-day basis but I've actually really liked the sheer look because I feel finished but not too dolled up

The texture is smooth and creamy, making it the perfect product to apply with your fingers. In fact you could apply this without even looking in a mirror - like when you're on the bus to work after hitting the snooze button 4 times then just sleeping right through the alarm altogether. Yeah, wasn't the best start to today - and it still ends up looking nice!

But onto the most important thing… Does it actually last?! After wearing this all day I can usually see where it's faded around my nose but impressively my t-zone is shine free and my skin feels lovely, not overly dry or greasy as it can with other tints and foundations. For anyone who wants the look of a really sheer coverage foundation that feels like a moisturiser then I think this could be just the ticket
As you can see the texture is quite thick...
...but blends unbelievably easily...
...and just leaves a nice subtle glow...

Price : £21 for 40mls

Shades available : Bare, Beige, Beach (I’ve been using the beige)

Bonus : If you order a bottle from the website they'll send you 3 samples - one in each shade - so you can try them to see what suits you best and then just return the unopened bottle for a different shade if you've made the wrong choice

1 comment:

Leah said...

that looks lovely! :D
we should definitely do a swap sometime Joy! missed your posts (:
x