Blog Sale

Sunday 27 November 2011

Some crappy bath products - part 1

balance Me Super Moisturising Body Wash
I’m always trying new bath/shower products… I have some firm favourites that I keep in case of emergency (yep, I mean you yummy Elemis goodies) but apparently variety is the spice of life n such so I have a constant rotation of shower gels, bath foams and body scrubs. Most of them aren’t worth writing home about, but the ones I’ve tried recently have been surprisingly crap. I say surprisingly as these have all got pretty good reviews online so I had great expectations

Let’s start with a product I got free with a magazine; Balance Me which has the tagline “Soak up softness while you bathe”. I’d love to. I really would. But this stuff not only leaves my skin feeling parched it actually manages to do so without leaving me feeling clean (and if there's one thing I want from a shower gel it's to be left feeling like I've actually washed!) One of the things that attracted me to this was the claim that it’s so creamy that you don’t need to moisturise afterwards… Aye, right. Not only did I moisturise but I used my Elemis Body Oil cos I knew a regular cream just wouldn’t cut the mustard

Now I’ll always try to see the best in products so I figured I’d mention the good points; this is made with 99% natural ingredients – there’s no parabens, sulphates, petroleums, mineral oils etc. Which is all fantastic news if you only go for natural products but to be honest I’ve used other natural body washes that are 100 times better than this. The orange bottle is quite nice. So that’s a plus :)

Summary :

Cost - £12.25 for 260mls. I got mine free with a magazine and still think I was ripped off
How does it feel? – watery, loose, gel like, unfoamable (totally a word) and not particularly pleasant
Will I re-purchase? - No

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha I loved this, especially the title! I can't wait to see more crappy bath products :) xx

Anna Elizabeth said...

The title made me laugh =P

LillianZahra said...

I wasn't impressed with this either. I also got mine free with a magazine but it totally put me off the entire brand! x