Blog Sale

Monday 28 November 2011

Some crappy bath products - part 4

Soap & Glory Feel The Knead Massage Soap
I’m not entirely sure what I was expecting from this but if I was told in advance that it’s just a bar of soap that you rub on your thighs then I probably wouldn’t have bothered with it
The texture seems like a rather crap gimmick because the dimples wear down after about 3 uses and you’re left with a plain bar of soap. The whole point of this is that it’s s’posed to help with cellulite and I guess I’d have to be pretty naïve to expect it to leave me with smooth thighs after using it every day for a few weeks but if there’s one thing I dislike its products that advertise stuff they don’t deliver. Seeing how I’m constantly using new makeup and beauty products you think I’d be used to it by now but nope; I still get majorly annoyed and indignant if something doesn’t do what it says on the tin (tube, packet, box etc) My point is that this didn’t leave the skin on my thighs any smoother than my regular soap!
There are some teensy beads within the soap that are supposed to help exfoliate the skin but the beads are so few and far between I don’t think they exfoliate any better than shower gel and a puff

I like the smell because it’s quite herby and fresh so it’s nice to use but the texture of the bubbles is nothing special. I’d much rather spend my hard earned pennies on L’Occitane soap which lasts at least twice as long and feels at least 10 times nicer. It’s much more cost effective too because a 100g bar of L’Occitane soap (which costs £4.50) lasts me a couple of months whereas this 125g Soap & Glory bar (which costs £5.11) only lasted a few weeks
I know this might seem like an odd thing to mention but this stuff dries in like cement…I don’t use a soap dish so the first time I used this I set it (still soaking wet) on the corner of the bath. When I went to use it again the next day it was pretty much welded to the bath and I had to wedge a knife under it to scrape it off. So, uhm, if you’re planning on getting this and don’t have a soap dish it might be worth investing in one :)

Summary :

Cost - £5.11
Size – 125g
Does it work? – Works as a nice smelling bar of soap but nothing more
Will I repurchase? – Nope, I can think of more enjoyable ways to waste a fiver

No comments: