Blog Sale

Monday 2 January 2012

Mally Liquid Lip Colour - yucky, icky and gross

Mally Liquid Lip Colour in Flirty
Mally seems to be one of those brands that has some incredibly loyal fans - I've seen reviews with people saying the only products they ever use are Mally ones. And a lot of the fans seem to refer to themselves as "Mallynistas" (I can’t help but roll my eyes every time I see or hear that word)

All the high praise for Mally products was reason enough for me to splash out and treat myself to a little 6 piece collection from QVC which arrived a couple of weeks ago. I was extremely disappointed by 50% of the products (showing off my awesome math skills there) and figured I’d have a little moan about one of the products I liked least; the liquid lip colour
The tube looks nice but that’s the only good thing I have to say about this so let’s start on the bad stuff… I don’t like the applicator. I know this is personal preference and everyone likes to apply their lip colour in different ways but I can’t stand these twisty tubes that squeeze the product up through a brush. They never give the right amount of liquid and the bristles are really plastic-y so feel horrible on my lips. I’m willing to tolerate the applicators for a decent product (like the Stila or NYC liquid lip colours) but in this case the brush was just one more thing to dislike about this

The colour looks divine in the tube - it's so rich, shimmery and pretty I couldn’t wait to use it but it is actually really sheer and looks more like a clear gloss when I've applied it
Texture-wise this is horrid! It's really thick and sticky so when I’m wearing this and open my mouth it actually feels like my lips are stuck together. Ever wear a lip gloss and find that it leaves little gloopy sticky lines between your top and bottom lips as you separate them? This does that. You might think that the stickiness would at least allow this to cling on longer than most glosses (it can't feel that gross for no reason, eh?) but nope, it still wore off in no time

Needless to say I wont be using this again and I’m just glad I didn’t pay full price for it!

P.S. I'm actually kinda annoyed that the swatch above looks so nice. It's not that nice in real life. Honest!

2 comments:

Lipstick And... said...

how disappointing. i hate those types of applicators too x

Karen Antoniou said...

I also bought this set off QVC, but I love the lipgloss,colour is gorgeous ,lips look plumper and colour is perfect,it also lasts for hours on the lips. The eye shadow and liner is lovely as well. The bag smells of fish tho!