Blog Sale

Monday 23 April 2012

Top 5 most natural looking foundations

As much as I love a good full-coverage mattifying foundation I find a lot of my favourites can look a tad cakey in natural light. Do you ever do that thing where you feel great about your flawless makeup, then catch a glimpse of yourself in a mirror when you're out in actual sunlight and feel shocked at how unnatural your skin looks? It amazes me how many of my complexion products actually stop my skin from looking like skin

I adore foundations like Double Wear by Estee Lauder, Rimmels Lasting Finish 25 hr etc but I find they're more suitable for nights out or winter weather when a fuller-coverage and, dare I say it, less natural look is perfectly acceptable

Now that being said I should mention that I need good coverage all year round. I suffer from acne around my chin and jaw line so when I say "natural looking" foundation I mean ones that actually hide a multitude of sins but still looks glowy and light, not ones that could pass for tinted moisturisers!

With the lovely summer weather just around the corner (fingers crossed!) I've been veering towards my favourite natural looking foundations more n more. So of course I had to do a little post to mention 5 that I have gone back to again and again. These are all drug store products and can be worn all year round but in bright sunlight, when you need something that looks beautifully dewy and youthful, they really come into their own
GOSH x-ceptional wear in porcelain
Bourjois Healthy Mix in 51
Myface My Mix in fair
Max Factor Second Skin in creamy ivory
Maybelline Dream Creamy in nude

Feel free to mention your favourite in the comments if I haven't included it here! ♥

6 comments:

Pink Tattoo said...

holla at all the girls who need full coverage!! lol. I've recently fallen in love with MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation, unfortunately in the summer I hate feeling like my makeup is caked on. I've had too many similar moments of thinking my foundation is flawless only to see myself in real sunlight and want to hide. I'm currently using the Garnier BB cream. It's a miracle worker! it does an amazing job at coverage, but feels light!

Unknown said...

can you please make a post on 5 foundations for full coverage? :) i badly need some recommendations. specifically for oily skin. thank you!

xoxo, misskatv.com ❤

Mandy said...

healthy mix and second skin are definitely great foundations!
Thanks for sharing :)

Papish said...

Have you tried Catrice Matt finish? I think you could like it. It has also a mousse base similar to Maybelline one.

Sasa Sasha said...

I agree :) Bourjois Healthy Mix is awesome !

Anonymous said...

Do you mind if Ι quοte a сouple
of your posts аs long as I proνide creԁit anԁ sources back to your
websіte? My blog site is in the very same niсhe as yours аnd my users wоuld truly bеnefit from a lot of the іnformation you
provide hеre. Рlease let me know if this ok with уou.

Мany thаnκs!

Feеl free to surf to my wеb ρage Electronic Cigarettes To Buy
Also see my web site > Where Can I Buy Electronic Cigarettes